1 March 2013

Budget Buy: Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation


You might have read in one of my previous blog posts, that I used Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation on both myself and my model Jane and loved it. So, I thought I'd share a more detailed review of the product here on my blog.

I purchased the foundations in three shades from each end of the spectrum, starting with a pale and slightly pinky toned Ivory 115, a medium and middle of the road Buff Beige 130 and a darker toned Caramel 350 which I could use to mix with the other two if I wanted a darker shade. I wanted a foundation that wasn't going to break the bank while I practice techniques but also one that was actually good, as there is no point using poor quality products even if only practicing. The foundations came at a snip at £7.99 each and they were on offer of 3 for 2, so I took the plunge and bought them, hoping they would work nicely.

I've always been dubious about products that promise to match your specific skin colour, as I couldn't really see how a product that has a certain colour pigment is suddenly going to adapt to your skin colour as soon as it is applied. But I've got to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I found the foundation to provide pretty flawless and yet natural coverage. The texture is silky and when applied used a stippling brush (by far my favourite brush at the moment) blends into skin beautifully.

Maybelline actually advertises the product as a "transluscent gel based formula merg[ing] seamlessly with your skin", and quite frankly, I think their product designers and marketing buffs have hit the nail on the head on this one. I don't know if a huge part of the reason why I love this foundation so much is because I have miraculously, for once, chosen the correct colour shade for my skin, or whether the foundation is just true to its word and does in fact merge seamlessly into the skin. I think it is most likely a combination of the two.

The added bonus about this foundation (now I am addicted to it and wear Buff Beige 130 straight out of the bottle, no mixing involved) is that it lasts all day. Even though I am a chronic and regular 'face toucher' (my own face that is!) Maybelline Fit Me foundation literally stays put on my face all day long. Its going to take a lot to wean me off this one.

So, I'm going to apply a second coat of foundation tonight, over the top of my day makeup, before I head out on the town in the confidence that I know it will last all evening...

xXx

Have you used this product? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment